.

.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday John Wang

***UPDATE- JOHN TURNED 17. He says he "started school late."

If everybody in this world could take a joke like John Wang, we'd be living in a happier world. Today John turns 16 -- maybe 17 cause I think he flunked before or that might be a joke someone made. But it's irrelevant. I've known John since he was in 7th grade before I became Athletic Director. He used to be one of those basketball team groupies that would hang around my practices and never seemed to leave.

Then I coached him in 8th grade in basketball and I tell this story to so many of you in the school. There was a game where we were leading either 8-0 or 10-0. We were going to dismantle that team and it was just a matter of how we would do it and by how much. The other team put up a shot and John was down low and didn't box out. The other team got the ball and put the ball right back into the basket. I instantly called timeout and lit into him. Then a few minutes later, the same play happened, except this time, John boxed out. He grabbed the rebound and went coast to coast for the lay-up.

John probably takes more abuse -- in a joking way of course -- from me than anybody else and he's a really good sport about it. And I'm sure he'll watch this video, unlike Catharine who didn't even bother to watch her own birthday video. Even better, John seems to be less emo in the last few months so good for him. Happy Birthday to John Wang aka John Prachayawaraku.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated John Wang

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP