.

.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Moises looks back

NOTE: Moises is from DeMarillac and played two years worth of sports with us. He is going to Riordan for high school.

Being from a different school playing sports with a different school, I thought we weren't going to get along. But playing sports at St. Marys has been an amazing experience for me; it has showed and strengthens my thinking of teamwork, also leadership.

I have never played in a sports team until seventh grade. I tried basketball because that’s my favorite sport.  It was tough because Bryan put me in the eighth grade team when I was looking forward to a great season with the seventh grade. But at least our team tried we improved each and every game that year we were 0-8.  

Then next year came I was looking forward for sports at St. Marys. I said to myself let me try out soccer and I did. Our soccer season turned out to be amazing four different coaches. We stayed with three coaches they were Tommy, Derek and Tomas. They were incredible coaches our season was 3-3-2, and we made it to the playoffs. We lost in the playoffs but we at least tried, the score was 4-1.   

I was definitely looking forward for basketball.  I was the only one from De Marillac Academy. Our tournament rounds were great we only lost one game. I thought in my mind that I can finally taste a victory in the regular season has a basketball player. 

When the season started our coach James terrified the whole team with some sad news, he said he wasn't going to be there for three weeks. So Tiffanie took over instead our first game we lost by three. Not bad I said, next game we will win I said.  


Our next game not so good and eventually realized to myself what’s happening. We only won one game which was sad. But that game was the best game I ever had because we only had four players and the other team had five players and subs. We won by the score of 28-20. We were exhausted but it was worth it. 

During the season our big men had injuries that were sad because I was the only tall guy left but I wasn't ready for being a post player. I’m more use to as a wing man and a point guard. We finished of the year 1-7.

I am so grateful for St. Marys letting in De Marillac students play with each other. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be better at the sports that I play right now. My name is Moises Sandoval and go St. Marys!

7th/8th Grade Soccer Team

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP