.

.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Post about myself

Note: As much as I may crave attention, I have been pretty low-key about my post-St. Mary's future. Someone was nice enough to write a little blog post about me, and he insisted I post it, so here it is...

The End Of An Era
By Donald Lee

Most of you reading probably don’t know me, but my name is Donald Lee.  I was a graduate of St. Mary’s in 1988.  I was in school at St. Mary’s before all of the current St. Mary’s athletes and even some of your coaches were born!  As a former athlete and coach, I’ve been fortunate enough to see many generations of the athletic program and wanted to give Bryan some praise.

I was surprised to read that Bryan is leaving St. Mary’s as athletic director.  I talked to him briefly but did not inquire why.   This decision was probably a tough one given how much time he dedicated to the kids and the athletic program at St. Mary’s.

I hope that as Bryan leaves St. Mary’s Athletic Program that every athlete and coach that worked for him gives him a hearty thanks.   Bryan brought the program into the 21st Century with the blog and his various videos including the highlights.   As someone that does some basketball highlight videos
personally, I know it takes a lot of time and effort.  You have to watch the video, cut the highlights, put the voice over in and then upload.  It does not happen overnight.

Bryan stepped in and somehow revived the program and I saw the enthusing that existed before around 1998 to 2000 when I was still coaching.


Whoever becomes the new Athletic Director will have big shoes to fill.  But perhaps St. Mary’s will have the new gym finally built (been waiting for years) and the program will really take off.

In the mean time, I hope everyone gives Bryan a big pat on the back for a job well done!

1 comment:

patty said...

Best of luck on your future endeavors, Bryan! Your blog is great and it's been great to work with you in past years. Cheers!

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP