.

.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthdays

A belated Happy Birthday to Mark yesterday and today, we wish Andrew Chuong, brother of Jeremy a Happy Birthday.

I met Andrew when he was in Kindergarten and he used to hold my hand on our way to mass. He was part of my spirit family. Strangely, during SMILE this summer, he would still hold my hand when we walked to the bus stop.

A little rehash from last year's birthday wish to Andrew on the blog.

I was in 7th grade when they started Spirit Families, probably the best idea our principal at the time ever came up with. It gave a chance for all the students in the school to get to know at least one person from each grade.

In 8th grade, I got stuck with a little rascal named Andrew. He was about 2 feet tall, big ears and everyone always raved about how cute he is.

I coached him for 3 years when he was in 5th, 7th and 8th grade -- two championship appearances and one championship victory in 2007.


As a special treat, I had a friend record a video just for him.

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP