.

.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Best of Timmy's Corner Part 2

By Timmy

With all the excitement of graduating, we start to remember our experiences at St. Mary’s, and all the times we got in trouble. What I remember most is the corner I left behind. Bryan was always trying to find something stupid for me to do, like the time I had to rap (what a fail!). But with all the comments I got, it seems that after I left, I also left a part of me.
   
But I’m not gonna get mushy with this article, instead I’ll share a few memories, some that will turn my face red every time I think about it (a few Timmy’s Corner videos will do that), but I know that these moments…well, I’ll never be able to experience them again.

All the people in the Class of 2011, most of them I’ve known since Kindergarten, some of them go way back to preschool. But these guys, they’re special, we’ve had fights, we’ve had times where we’d laugh together, at each other, or at the corner videos. We’ve cried, partied, mocked, and did a lot of stuff together (like get in trouble). It’s sort of wired sometimes, we all hate each other sometimes, and at times never get along, but in the end…we resolve every problem and we’re friends again.

Now my relationships with the others as a friend and classmate were, how shall we say, unstable. I was never the most popular kid, nor was I the strongest, funniest, cutest, most liked, respected, blah blah blah -- you get the idea. I was never popular with anyone(tear tear), I was okay with some. But I was like their encyclopedia, or Bing engine, or dictionary (I got a lot of phone calls for homework!). Eighth grade was different, especially after that historic moment where Bryan interviewed me for my first corner video ever.

After Timmy’s Corner was released, the comments I got were all unique, like “Oh, I like that!”, or “What the heck was that?!”. It seemed like I was finally getting noticed, sort of. I did a lot stupid stuff in those videos, it was almost like I was trying to see how embarrassed I could get with each video. And Bryan…, well, he sort of made it better through editing, but OMG, those videos turned my face red every Wednesday morning. But as time passed by, I found out that some people were actually looking forward to Epic Video. And I started to long for the next time I could get in front of the camera.

Now as I close off this article about my memories, let me offer you a few (more) words about the Class of 2011. I’ve been with most of these guys for nine years, and we’ve seen new faces over the years. We have always anticipated the day we walked that red carpet, and even though we will never see each other again for a long time, we’ll always be friends. Right, guys? (no response)

From my heart, thank you all for those wonderful years at St. Mary’s.
-Timmy



And in case you didn't get to see Part 1...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Internal Dialogue (Insert Comment Here) Good Post Timmy.

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP