.

.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to...

Growing up, my favorite baseball player was Barry Bonds.

Steroids or not, he was the best player I have ever seen to dawn a major league baseball uniform. For a pretty decent period of time, Bonds was what you call a five tool player, he had it all.

He hit for average, power, had speed, had a pretty accurate arm and was a gold glove left fielder.

I never had the chance to personally speak to Bonds, or stick a mic in his face. I was around him in the clubhouse once for a high school journalism internship, but like almost all professional reporters, nobody liked to talk to Barry or was scared of him.

And for whatever reason, every time July 24th rolls around, I know it's Happy Birthday to Mr. Bonds.

I could ramble on about all the amazing things I've watched him do, or how it's actually sad to think back about his career, because he never won a World Series, and also all the scrutiny he has attracted because of his persona as well as the steroid allegations.

But nonetheless, today is his 47th birthday.

A few years ago, Bonds made a cameo at AT&T Park, and I happened to work that night.

We sent out this intern to get a quick interview with the home run king.

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP