.

.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there in the world.

Above is a picture of my faja (father, I think Faja was the used in one of the Shrek movies)

As I was thinking about what story I could share about my Dad, two came to mine. One is way too graphic and disgusting to share so you will have to ask me in person about that one, but this one I will put on the blog is rated PG.

I live by Lawton in the Sunset and that's where I learned how to play sports, when I trained to become a beast.

I used to shoot hoops and play catch with my Dad almost every Sunday while I was growing up. He taught me how to ride a bike and most importantly, how to shower.

But one of the sports memories that I recall most is when he used to pitch to me. We would play with soft baseballs and he would just throw ball after ball, and I'd keep hitting and hitting. He would have to chase all the balls down.

It didn't occur to me how tiring it was then, but my Dad and I played 1-on-1 baseball.

But one time, my Dad threw a fastball and I connected, and with a beautiful swing, the ball shot right back towards my Dad and pegged him right in the nose. He went down in a heap and started to bleed. There were cubes of blood coming out of his nostrils.

He was okay, but like most, if not all Dads, he did a lot for me and still does and has contributed to the person I am today.

Happy Fathers Day to all. And if you see my Dad on the street, "holler" at him.

TONIGHT ON GAMEDAY I will be working today so if you are up at 11:30 p.m., tune in to CBS-5 for GameDay for a recap in sports. $5 if you watch.

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP