.

.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bye Bye Beverlyn



Tomorrow school will resume and something will be different, Beverlyn will not be there. As she stood on the hill on the last day before break, she couldn’t hold it in any longer and started tearing up as her classmates and other students from St. Mary’s gave her hugs to say so long, farewell.

In my two years plus as Athletic Director, Beverlyn will be one of the students that will stick out to me for several reasons. Granted it’s a short sample size, but athletically, I haven’t seen anybody improve in such a short time ever. Not that she wasn’t good to begin with her first year of basketball, but her second year, she stepped up and was arguably the key, if not one of the biggest reasons why the 6th grade girls won the championship.

But besides that, what will stick out to me more than anything else is her speech at Awards Night. It’s not easy and I go around the classrooms joking around saying everybody should have a speech prepared. Yes, I’d love to see everyone give a little talk in front of everyone, because we want to know how you feel after you win an award.

So Beverlyn stood up there, accepting her Most Improved Player Award. She went down the list of pretty much every single person that helped her along the way. She thanked her coaches, teammates, myself, James and her family – most notably her father. If memory serves me correct, he wasn’t able to make it and it was unfortunate because this was Beverlyn’s shining moment.

Even before she was announced the winner, her classmates were chanting “Beaver,” her nickname. Her gratitude was sincere and that will be a moment that I personally will never forget.

Below are also some thoughts here classmates have shared about her leaving.

We will still see Beverlyn around at practices and games, but her presence will be sorely missed at school.

Miles: She always giggles when anyone says something. Bye and good luck.

Erica:
I’ll miss her giggles and herself, of course. She has a really nice personality. We used to always fight, but then make up a few days later. Good luck at her new school and I’ll miss her a lot. I hope she'll visit more often.

Catharine: I will miss Beverlyn’s everything. She was cool and helps people. I will miss her.

Marissa: So the thing I’ll miss most bout Beverlyn are the good times we’ve had together as best friends. I hope she doesn’t forget me in the future cause true best friends stay together forever even if they are apart.

What makes her different from any other friend I’ve had in my whole entire lifetime, she always finds a way to make things work out between everyone. She’s always been a peacemaker if any of the other girls got in a fight with one another. She just makes this easier and better for everyone. I think she’s the person that changes us all. My most memorable story with Beverlyn is winning our first championship last year cause without her, our best player, we wouldn’t have gone to that very special game that might happen once in our lifetime. Beverlyn is thee closest best friend to me cause I always have that feeling that I can tell her anything and she wont judge me.

She mite laugh, but never totally judge me. I hope she doesn’t get a better friend than me and forget me. I'm sure I wouldn’t ever forget her. She’s a one of a kind friend that will catch you if you fall, never leave your side, and will always be apart of my life. I hope we still communicate after she leaves either by email, calling or even aim. Many memories we’ve had will stay with me for life. Once a SAINT, ALWAYS A SAINT! Seeing Beverlyn just walk out that door and never coming back, will rip my heart rite out of my chest. It’s going to hurt a lot and I don’t no if I can heal without her. When Beverlyn is gone, I’m sure I’m going to feel this empty part in my heart just having a cold breeze rush through it. Having to lose a best friend like this is just like fire burning your skin away. I'LL MISS YOU BEVERLYN! YOUR ALWAYS GONNA BE MY BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE!! A&F (aLWAYS AND fOREVER). HAVE FUN IN YOUR NEW SCHOOL!

1 comment:

mzBeaver said...

awww u guys!! i'll never forget u guys! DON'T worry marissa!!!

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP