.

.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Warriors -- Thunder by the Bay

If you have been following the Warriors this year, they have been through the whole Stephen Jackson mess, Monta Ellis didn't want to play with Stephen Curry, and then all the injuries.

I do not watch many Warriors games, but do read up and follow what happens to them, and I must say, that I am impressed with how Ellis, Curry and Corey Maggette have played. The three have been the only three healthy bodies the entire season and each of them play almost the entire game. Monta is going to break down sooner or later, and he is having an All-Star season. Since he is a Warrior and they don't get much attention, it's likely he won't get selected. I hope he does though.

Great piece I came across yesterday from a friend of mine, it was Stephen Curry, writing about his first game against Shaq. So take a read...

COURTESY: GQ



My Rookie Season: What Happens When Shaq Stomps On Your Hand... by Stephen Curry

Two nights ago, against the Cavs, I was going down the middle and threw a pass to our center, and then I fell on the floor in the paint. Shaq was right there, but he had his back turned to me. He took a couple steps, and his last step was directly on my right hand. I didn't know what to do. I kind of went into shock 'cause I knew he was like 400 pounds. Ha. All of the weight was on my hand, pinned to the floor pretty cleanly, so I tried to stay as still as possible and not move, 'cause I knew if I tried to get out from under him I might break my hand.

It stung when I got up, but it took me a few possessions to realize that I had a couple gashes on my hand. I got some treatment on it, but it felt fine and I shot pretty well the rest of the game.

[The Warriors took the Cavs down to the final possession, but ultimately lost, 117-114, when Curry's last-ditch three-point attempt missed.]

Take a look at the damage!:

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP