.

.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Chinese New Year Eve Treat

An early Happy Chinese New Year to everybody as I sit here at my grandma's on a Wednesday afternoon. Thought I'd share a few things on my mind as well as update you on the status of our many happenings around St. Mary's.

Sunday practices will be cramped, with every single team practicing, boys and girls. Therefore some players or teams may be at certain times that are a little abnormal, but I thank you for all being flexible with your tight schedules.

It also doesn't help that choir has something going on in the morning and the "leader" of choir never notifies me about anything. Therefore the practice schedule for everybody is affected.

This sadly isn't new and has gone on for years as I never get notice about things that can possibly interfere with practice schedules. From the Drum Corps, I get advanced notice about performances and such and we work together to make sure both of our programs can run smoothly.

But whenever the choir has something, I never know about it and am left in the dark.

Last year, the baseball league we are part of offered baseball tickets to a Giants game for $15. Food, better seats, better game, etc...

And then all of a sudden, I come to school and I get handed money for a Giants game.  I look at the forms and it's not even my own Giants game. It was the choir who was attending the game on their own accord, and of course at a cheaper price, therefore under-cutting my Giants ticket sales. Those tickets were $8 for a cold weekday game. So those who didn't know better went to that game instead.

I still haven't removed all the spit from my face, Brandon Lee.

But it's okay. I will be holding tryouts for my brand new and improved choir later this month. It'll be like Glee, but even better...

Boys Scouts > Choir - I think that says it all.

Baseball 
We will have two teams for sure this year so the earlier you can get the forms in, the better. This way I can order uniforms in time for the season.

Basketball is winding down. There are 3 weeks left at the most and after that, it's a long way to the end of the school year. So boys and parents, sign your kids up for baseball. You will not be disappointed.


Drawing
I will hold the drawing for the Chalk Talk with Ekpe Udoh and Dorell Wright later tonight. One drawing will be for everyone who has signed up for baseball and the other for all those who gave me the secret word. If I get your secret word by 8 p.m. - you can still be entered.

Warriors Game
Warriors tickets and coupons were passed out today. Seating was arranged by teams and families so a few of you here or there might be away from your team, or away from your family.

With 120 tickets, it's very difficult to sort out the seating so I apologize if anybody isn't sitting where they want to.

If you want to trade seats, you can do so, but make sure you do so with someone who is with St. Mary's and don't sit in a seat that doesn't belong to us.

All-Star Sunday
All-Star Sunday is set for Sunday, February 20 at NDV. This is a whole day event so try to be there for the festivities. The official logo will be unveiled next Monday on Monday Morning Quarterback.

Events and participants will be released as time draws near.

I think that is all for now. See you on the blog Thursday for a special edition of Epic Drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO DRUM CORPS

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP