.

.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feel good stories, parents watching in the crowd

In the Sharks 6-0 win last night against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi played in an NHL game for the first time with his father watching from the stands.

What's interesting to know is that Niemi is a Stanley Cup winner so you would think his father would've been able to see him play at least once during his playoff run two years ago when he was with the Blackhawks.

I remember working at CBS-5 a few years ago and a Florida Marlins player, Logan Morrison played in front of his father for the first time in the summer of 2010.

What's the big deal with that? Morrison's father was battling cancer, and he took a 30 hour train ride just to watch his son play in the big leagues.

Now the question I pose to many of you, do you like it when your parents come to your games?

I know a handful of players do not like this, because it makes them nervous. Then I know there are some who have parents that never come to the games because of work or they are simply too busy, who would love to have their mom or dad, or both, come see them in action.

When I played, I leaned toward having my parents come watch me, and they did every now and then, but not on a regular basis because of their work schedule.

So please vote on the blog as I is curious to see where you stand.

No comments:

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

8TH GRADE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS

LATEST LIGHTS

3/15-3/23 Lights

6th Grade Championship

VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP